You must obtain the prior consent of any third person whose personal information you post to this website.
We do not keep a record of the IP addresses from which users access our site except where you have specifically provided us with information about yourself, in which case we also record your IP address for security purposes.
The personal information we collect falls into four categories: contact details, access logs, activity history and publishable content.
- Contact details are collected as supplied by you from time to time. We do not store usable credit card information. Where a record is required, we entrust credit cards to our payment gateway and store only the last few digits and expiry date of your credit card solely for purposes of identity confirmation and forewarning of expiry.
- Access logs record the requests made by visitors through the website. This information is generally recorded against IP address of the users’ internet gateway, and may be possible to correlate this data.
- Activity History consists of orders, enquiries, votes submitted via the website, or offline contact you have with us such as phone calls.
- Publishable content consists of comments or other submissions of content you would
- like us to publish on our website.
In any area of our Website where RMT asks you to provide personal information that will enable us to enhance your site visit or to follow up with you after your visit, it is completely optional for you to participate. For example, we request information from you when you:
- Request information about product or service
- Submit a fault report
- Request a software enhancement
- Provide feedback in an online survey
- Request e-mail notification of your inquiry status
In each of the instances above, RMT may ask for your name, e-mail address, phone number, address, type of business, customer preference information, and customer username, as well as other similar information that is needed to register or subscribe you to services or offers. If we ever ask for significantly different information we will inform you. In the case of newsletters or mailing lists, you will be able to “unsubscribe” to these mailings at any time. (See Section 7).